Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Shoutout From A Tired Mouse

I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to Ms. Gioia's 6th grade scientists. I've love reading your comments! Today I wore my EMS tshirt and was thinking of all of you. Here's a pic.


The tshirt was essential today as I was assigned "house mouse" duties for the big house, the building shown below.


The big house is where the action is. It houses the kitchen, shower (which I still have yet to use... one week since my last shower tomorrow!), laundry, and things for entertainment such as movies and boardgames. As the hot spot where the 23 current camp residents (we had a mass exodus the past couple of days, 20 people left incuding my advisor) gather multiple times a day, you can imagine the big house gets pretty messy. This is where the mouse comes in. Each day, the mouse is responsible for the upkeep of the big house including doing all the dishes for the three meals, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and shower, wiping down the tables, and restocking items such as bagels and cereal. Fortunately, house mouse assignments are rotated among camp members so personal mouse duties are limited to one day every 3ish week. My one (and only!) day was today. It was a non-stop! Every time I'd finish the dishes, Rosemary (the mighty good cook) would bring out the dishes she was using to prep the next meal. In between dishes, I was bustlin' to do all the other tasks as well as the special task assigned to the Wednesday mouse, wash out the refridgerator. Needless to say, I am one tired girl. Fortunately, it's back to science tomorrow, starting with a 7am surface snow sample. I better get some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment